Here are three pairs of lectures I recorded and articles I published, available, as always, from the Internet Archive:
Here are several lectures I have recorded (with accompanying notes) and several articles I have published on the principle of Dina De’Malchusa Dina and related topics, available, as always, from the Internet Archive. [Note that there is considerable, but certainly not total, overlap between the various listed items]:
- Dina De’Malchusa Dina and Rent Control Legislation – lecture delivered before a live audience and (later) article.
- Halachic Perspectives On Bankruptcy – studio recording and article.
- An analysis of the theoretical underpinnings and practical applications of Dina De’Malchusa Dina – studio recording and article.
- Introduction to Dina De’Malchusa Dina: a survey of some of the sugyos and the major positions of the Rishonim – first of a series of two lectures delivered before a live audience (via Skype).
- Attitudes to and applications of the principle of Dina De’Malchusa Dina of various Aharonim – successor to previous.
I recently recorded a lecture, and published an article, on the Halachah of malpractice; as usual, both are available, along with my lecture notes, at the Internet Archive. The former covers both general malpractice as well as medical malpractice in particular, while the latter is limited to the latter; both focus primarily on the native Halachah, touching only briefly on the important question of the Halachah’s recognition of secular malpractice law, for reasons such as דינא דמלכותא דינא and מנהג.
Update: Another lecture, covering both general and medical malpractice, at the Internet Archive.